Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthdays, Football, and Fun

We have been busy having lots of fun the last month!  We celebrated Shawn's birthday--Davis really loves singing Happy Birthday now---such a HUGE change from his 2nd birthday party ;)  Cameron also had a birthday.  I can't believe he is 8 years old!  We had two celebrations for Cameron.  One at a pizza/game place in Lafayette and then another at the park.  Davis had a great time at both parties. 

Since I'm not teaching this year, I have really been enjoying my time with Davis.  It is so fun to be able to do things during the week with him!  Besides being able to hang out with my family more, we have also enjoyed playing at the park, going to story time at the library, and visiting the Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center.  Davis is growing up so fast!  He is such a funny, silly boy!  He cracks me up on  a daily basis.  Two mornings in a row when I went to his room, I have found him completely naked!  No jammies, no socks, no diaper!  The next night I put him in zip up pajamas and he only managed to get one arm out!  How funny is that? 

Football season has been lots of fun too.  He loves to throw the football and tackle us.  He likes to wear his football jerseys and his LSU/Saints t-shirts!  Besides football, his latest love is sword fighting.  I know.....not the best idea for a 2 1/2 year old, but he has older cousins, and it was bound to happen.  Anything he picks up, it automatically becomes a sword.  A stick, an empty paper towel roll, a fork....it really doesn't matter.  Of course, Shawn is loving it.  He is teaching him all the different sound effects he should make when play fighting.  It is so funny to watch!

Happy Birthday to Daddy!


Add caption


Playing Basketball

Um, I don't think that is the proper way to play skee ball! :)

Bowling

Playing at the park

Davis and Madeline loving the swings!




So strong!


Here comes Mrs. Brittney & Madeline

Watching the turtles

Playing in the tent

Walking on the trails

"This stick looks like a good sword."

Watching the turtles swim up to the bridge

Go Saints!

Silly Boy

More silly faces and dancing

Love this pic....my big boy!

Time to tackle Daddy

Hanging out


Sword Fight

Visiting with Poppa & Maw Maw on Grandparent's Day

1 comment:

  1. Natalie, I'm so happy that you are getting to stay home with Davis! Looks like you guys are having a blast. I love ya'll! :) Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete